They say a poor workman blames his tools however it IS important to have the right tools for the job.
Here is a brief list of basic tools that make my crafting so much easier.
This list is not exhaustive and I will update when appropriate.
If you have any query or comments on any of these items I would love to hear from you.
(My favourite toy)
Brayer and rubber attachment
(When you’re as messy with glue as I am, this is invaluable)
- Adhesive Remover – by Stampin’ Up! 103684. Never worry about messy glue residue again! With this great tool, you can remove unwanted adhesive quickly and easily. ■ Removes residue adhesive (but not tape) from unwanted areas ■ 2” x 2” x 1/2”
(I love the shape and size of these)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals – by Stampin’ Up! 104430. Stampin’ Dimensionals are the easiest way to give your projects an instant 3-D look. Just stamp an image, trim around it, and then use a Stampin’ Dimensional to attach it to your project. They are also great for making greetings stand out and attaching 3-D objects such as tags and bows. ■ 300 1/16″ double-sided, self-adhesive foam mounts ■ Use multiple Stampin’ Dimensionals for multilevel projects or added height ■ Great for layering
(I don’t allow ANYONE to use my snips! They are ultra sharp right to the tip)
- Paper Snips – by Stampin’ Up! 103579. These small, thin-bladed scissors are perfect for all your paper trimming needs. They are great for snipping that little bits of paper or when trimming ribbon. Thin stainless steel blades for perfect cutting in even the tiniest areas. ■ Precision-ground tips allow for cutting all the way to the end of the blades ■ Protective shield (safety cover) ■ Comfort-grip handle for ease in cutting ■ Exclusive to Stampin’ Up! ■ 2-1/2″ blade
2 Way Glue Pen:
(another little clever item)
- 2-Way Glue Pen – by Stampin’ Up! 100425. 2-Way Glue is versatile and provides a permanent or temporary bond. It’s perfect for masking or working with stencils! The chisel tip makes it easy to get just the right amount of glue for adding glitter. Let the glue dry after you’ve applied it (it will become clear), and it will work just like a sticky note.
(this is my main glue for most projects)
- Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive – by Stampin’ Up! 110755. The Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive has a dual tip for placing adhesive exactly where you want it. Place an exact small amount using the small tip, or spread the adhesive over a larger area using the wide tip. Latex rubber acrylic resin adhesive is acid free. ■ Adhesive can be both permanent or temporary depending on how it is applied ■ Works great for adhering card stock or Designer Series paper to chipboard ■ Excellent for adhering Stampin’ Glitter to surfaces ■ dual-tipped applicator
(great for jobs where you need extra strong adhesion)
- Sticky Strip – by Stampin’ Up!. 104294 – This super-strong adhesive will hold together a box or pouch like a dream! It won’t lift, curl, distort, warp, or wrinkle. You can also use it to adhere other craft-related embellishments, such as beads, glitter, or embossing powder. ■ Double-sided, pressure-sensitive acrylic adhesive. ■ Acid free ■ 1/4″ wide ■ 10 yards ■ Comes in a zippered plastic bag for convenient storage
(LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this)
- Crystal Effects 101055. Embellish any image without embossing using Crystal Effects. It gives a high-gloss finish to any image. ■ Creates amazing 3-D effects ■ Applicator tip gives great control ■ Distributed exclusively by Stampin’ Up! ■ Water based for quick and easy cleanup ■ Dries completely within an hour depending on how thick it is applied ■ 2 oz. bottle
Mini Glue Dots:
(fab for holding my spiral roses together as I roll them in to shape)
- Mini Glue Dots – by Stampin’ Up! 103683. Our Mini Glue Dots are super sticky, double-sided adhesive dots for use on 3-D accents for cards, scrapbook pages, and other projects. This fast, clean adhesive is safe for kids, too. No fumes, no mess, and no drying time required! ■ 300 per roll; each dot measures approximately 3/16″ in diameter ■ Great for attaching embellishments; adheres to paper, fabric, wood, foam, plastic, and more
(it’s a scorer too!)
- Stampin’ Trimmer 129722 – A cutting and scoring tool made with crafters in mind! · Cutting and scoring. Cut anywhere, in any direction. Full 12″ cut or score. Keep scoring and cutting blades on the track at the same time. Includes: 1 cutting and 1 scoring blades. · Measuring. Extended 6-1/4″ base. Extend ruler to 15-1/2″. · Storing. Compartment under base to store blades, scoring stylus, more! NB: Rotary attachments available.
The AMAZING! Envelope Punch Board:
(Sooooo easy to use and I use it to make enveloboxes too!)
There’s a Gift Box Punch Board too!!! What will they think of next!
- Envelope Punch Board 133774. Create your own envelopes from any cardstock or Designer Series Paper in up to 66 different sizes in three easy steps: Step 1. Score and notch your envelope using the built-in notch punch; Step 2. Round the flap using the built-in corner rounder punch; Step 3. Fold and adhere the envelope edges. Punch Board includes an easy-to-use sizing chart (measurements provided in inches and centimeters) and a scoring tool in a storage slot.
Stamp – A – Majig
(a clever little tool)
- Stamp-A-Ma-Jig – by Stampin’ Up! This is the perfect tool to keep you from ever ruining a whole project with one crooked image! The stamp positioner gives you the ability to place an image exactly where you want it, every time. Allows for fast and precise stamp placement. ■ Perfect for word and letter stamps ■ Sturdy plastic construction ■ Includes washable plastic sheet ■ Black color exclusive to Stampin’ Up! ■ Nonskid base ■ Includes instructions
(Quality clear blocks for ‘clear mount’ and ‘photopolymer’ stamps)
- Clear Blocks: If you stamp with clear-mount stamps, you’ll need a clear block to adhere your stamps to. Our blocks are a clear choice. Made from high-quality, sturdy acrylic, these blocks can hold one stamp or multiple stamps if you want to create a collage of images.
(You will not believe how much easier this makes heat embossing)
- Embossing Buddy – by Stampin’ Up! 103083. If you are going to do any embossing, you’ll love this tool. It helps keep unwanted flecks of embossing powder or glitter from sticking to the paper. Or, rub the Embossing Buddy over the surface of a bold image stamp to help it accept ink evenly. * Approximately 3″ x 1-1/2″ anti-static fabric pouch * Works great on all kinds of paper and other surfaces.
Silicone Craft Sheet:
(another little gem)
- Silicone Craft Sheet 127853. Easily assemble embellishments! Drop a dot of adhesive on the sheet and have both hands free to assemble. Let glue dry completely, then pop embellishment off the sheet. 1 sheet. 6″ x 6″. Works with any of our adhesives.
(The refill is really good value too.)
- Stampin’ Mist – by Stampin’ Up! 102394. Stampin’ Mist is a specially formulated spray that both cleans and conditions your rubber stamps. You can spray it directly on your Stampin’ Scrub. It comes in a convenient spray bottle and refills are available. Cleans all types of ink from rubber. ■ Stampin’ Mist comes in nonaerosol spray bottle ■ 2 oz. of Stampin’ Mist ■ 8 oz. refill available
(A must for keeping your stamps clean and in good condition)
- Stampin’ Scrub 126200. Dual-sided tray contains extra-large, washable, plush, black fiber scrub pads. Clean stamp on one side, blot dry on the other. Cleans very detailed stamps. Each tray side: 7″ x 7″..
(Ah! Now we’re talking! If you’ve not got one, get it on your ‘wish list’ )
- Big Shot Die-Cut Machine – by Stampin’ Up! – 113439. Run dies and folders through this machine to cut shapes and emboss. Cuts a variety of materials. Includes Standard Cutting Pads and Multipurpose Platform.